Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Little ways to LOVE

     Just want to share with all those moms out some easy ways to care for your kids.  I know I get so involved with the day to day things to keep my household functioning well that I can unintentionally miss time with my children.  Things such as grocery shopping, cleaning, paying bills, making meals, working tend to keep us distracted from the real opportunity we have each day to make a difference in the lives of this beautiful and unique children that we are blessed with.  I wanted to list the little things that I try to do and incorporate in my day that I hope will show my children that I love them.

1.  Let them help you when you make dinner.  I realize takes extra time but it let's them feel important and also helps them learn to love to cook and be responsible for some of the meal prep for the home.

2.  Take them in your arms, hug them and tell them you love them
3.  Pray with them every night before bed
4.  PLAY with them whether it's Barbies, Hide and Go Seek or a board game
5.  Tell them how much you love your spouse
6.  Let them help you fold the laundry (even if it just wash clothes) and let them earn a little money for it
7.  Memorize scripture verses with them
8.  Ask them Who loves them and Who is always with them.....and tell them Jesus!

     These are just a few things I do with my kids to show my love for them.  I want them to feel secure and loved and to always know that we love them.  Be creative and spontaneous and enjoy loving on your kids each day!  They crave your love.

1 comment: